The Governing Body of St. Barnabas CE First and Middle School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, highly motivated and experienced teacher for our Year 1 class from September 2019 for a fixed term of one year, until August 2020. This person must be committed to raising the level of achievement for all pupils, regardless of economic background or other need.
St. Barnabas CE First and Middle School is a friendly, caring school. We deliver an excellent, exciting education within a happy, caring and supportive environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work with delightful children as part of a dedicated and inspired staff team.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with both high expectations and experience of working in upper KS1
- be passionate about outstanding teaching and learning
- be truly committed to raising the level of achievement for all pupils
- have excellent English and Maths skills
- be sensitive to the needs of individual learners
- be able to deliver high quality learning opportunities
- be enthusiastic and determined to make learning fun
- be able to ensure high standards of classroom management and organisation
- have the ability to deal positively with children, parents and staff
- adhere to and support whole school policies and practices
- be able to work effectively as part of a team
- be committed to the safety and well-being of all pupils
- contribute to raising standards and believe every child should have the opportunity to achieve their very best
- have excellent interpersonal, organisation, communication and time management skills
- able to support existing staff by taking on the leadership of a subject area
We can offer:
- opportunity for individualised CPD and other training
- a caring, committed, friendly and hard-working staff
- happy, well-behaved, enthusiastic and motivated pupils who are proud of their school and enjoy learning
- a supportive Governing Body
St. Barnabas Church of England First and Middle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, two positive references, medical clearance and evidence of appropriate qualifications.
For further information, a detailed job description and application form please contact the school office on 01905 840366 or email: email@example.com. The school office will be closed during the half term holiday but the emails will be monitored for application requests regularly.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged; dates offered are Tuesday 4th June at 10:30 am and 4:00 pm and Monday 10th June at 10:30 am and 4:00 pm. To arrange a visit please email Emma Graham on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th June 2019 at Noon
Interviews to take place on Friday 21st June 2019