Each year we receive funding to support students who did not meet Age Related Expectations in the Year 6 SATs. The table below shows how we used this funding to support our pupils and the impact it had.
Year 7 Catch-up Funding 2016 – 2017
|Objective||Activities||Project Team||Resources & Costs|
|To use the allocated fund to target students so that the majority make accelerated progress in Year 7 to reach age related expectations by the end of the year.||
– Creating support group in year 7 with small pupils numbers, esp. maths.
– Allocate TA support to this group to accelerate progress
– baseline in GL assessment
– half termly pupil progress meetings
– meetings with adult leading interventions
– end of year GL assessment
– Identifying them on pupil progress groups
– Identifying them as a group in target tracker
– Making pupils a focus on pupil progress meetings with staff
– Teacher led interventions in Reading and Maths
– Ensure target pupils are part of groups along with pupil premium
– Review quality and effectiveness of interventions – pupil progress meetings
|Steve Booth (leader)
Total Cost: £6,500.00
KS3 – Year 7
ARE = Age Related Expectation. Exc. = Exceeded ARE
Outcomes for pupils are good at the end of Year 7 and represent good progress compared to the cohort’s KS2 SAT results. It demonstrates the effectiveness of the support in Year 7 and the use of Y7 Catch-up Funding.
The good progress made by Year 7 students meant a successful transition to High School.