Meet the Governors
Welcome to the Governors section of the school web site. In this section you can find out who the Governors are, what the Governors do and up to date information about meetings. We hope you will enjoy finding out more about the role of the Governor.
Our Chair of Governors is Mrs Melanie Sutton, parent Governor. Melanie is often on the school playground or can be contacted via the school office or email@example.com.
Who are the governors and what do they do?
The Governors are a group of like-minded people with an interest in Education. The Governing Body plays an important role in supporting the staff and pupils of St Barnabas C.E. First and Middle school, by providing strategic vision and acting as a critical friend.
The core functions of the Governing body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and it’s pupils; and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure it’s money is well spent.
Ref: Governance Handbook 2015
The full Governing Body meets twice a term and has dedicated committees for Resources (personnel, finance and premises), Teaching and Learning (curriculum and monitoring standards) and Worship which meet on a regular basis.
The Governing Body is made up of 13 members:
- Four parent governors – elected by parents.
- One LA governor – representative of the Local Authority (LA).
- One staff governor.
- One head teacher.
- Two foundation governors – representatives of the Diocese of Worcester.
- Four co-opted governor
|Name||Type of Governor||End of Term|
|Melanie Sutton (Chair)||Community||21.7.20|
|Paul Kilgallon||Head Teacher||N/A|
|Revd Emma Goldby||Foundation Governor||N/A (ex-officio)|