At St Barnabas C.E First and Middle School we treat each other with mutual respect, pride ourselves on our positive relationships and work in a climate where we can lay the foundations for our values to be built upon.
Christian Values Education underpins all aspects of our school life and gives staff and pupils the opportunity to discuss and reflect on the values in life that they believe in. Every month we base our Collective Worship times and personal, social, health and citizenship education (PSHCE) lessons on the value in order that all children understand their importance for all people in society and throughout the world and its importance in the Christian faith.
Christian Values Education will enable our children to:
- Be happy and special in their own way
- Trust each other
- Listen to each other and learn from each other
- Learn from any mistakes they may make
- Feel safe
- Feel loved and cared for
- Be confident and have high self esteem
- Use their skills to the best of their ability
- Be highly successful learners in their own right.
- Be truly creative
- Make a difference to the world through who and how they are
- Develop good relationships with a wide range of people
- Treat everyone with respect
- Take responsibility for themselves and their actions
- Develop a maturity of thinking
- Develop a wisdom about themselves and their world
- Experience the thrill of, and develop a thirst for, learning
- Have self respect and behave responsibly
- Be resilient and learn through being able to overcome challenges.
- These values underpin all that we do in inspiring excellence now and in the future.
Our Values are: